In my life, I have encountered many positive and negative life experiences. These experiences have shaped me into the person I am today and taught me that it is important to alway adapt to our circumstances and learn from our mistakes. As we continue to move through life we have certain beliefs that we will always carry with us. These beliefs were created through the life lessons we’ve encountered. As I look back on my life and reflect on all of the experiences I’ve had I come to realize that these 12 life lessons have helped mold me into the individual I am today.
1. Believe in yourself. Too often we let other people control how we see ourselves. Believe that you are the prettiest, smartest and most hard working person on the planet. I mean, you are… DUH!
2. Always look your best. You never know who are you going to run into at the grocery store or the bank. The people who tell you that you are “too dressed up” or that “life isn’t a fashion show” should never be trusted.
3. There is no such thing as a bad day. There may be unfortunate moments but never a bad day. When you label your day as bad, everything will go wrong. Trust me.
4. Seek a life filled with positivity. Surround yourself by the people and things that inspire and empower you. When you focus on negative things your life will become negative. Instead, focus on positive things so that your life will become positive.
5. You do not have one soul mate. You have many soul mates and you may love all of them. One relationship may end but another will begin. Each person serves a purpose in your life.
6. If someone makes you unhappy immediately cut them out of your life. Do not waste your time on toxic people.
7. It is okay to have no idea what you are doing. Don’t think, just do. You will survive.
8. You will never be able to make everyone happy. Someone will always disagree with your decisions and that is okay. (This has probably been the hardest lesson that I’ve learned as Chapter President
9. Good things do not exist in your comfort zone. To grow as an individual you must step outside of your comfort zone. I promise that good things will happen.
10. Eat that last cookie. Life is too short to deprive yourself of that happiness.
11. If you are upset, call mom. Mom will fix all.
12. Dress well test well. It actually works, I promise. Wearing a watch and your favorite outfit to an exam will make you feel so much smarter and perform better.
Live fabulously. LYMI,