I’m heading to the WELL Summit again and this time it is in Brooklyn, NY! I’m so so excited for this event because attending the Boston Summit opened my eyes to so many different aspects of wellness and helped me to network with so many like-minded individuals.
I’ve been on this wellness journey for quite some time and every day I am learning more and more about how to better myself and my health. I’ve been reflecting on my health journey and want to share 13 essential health tips for anyone who is looking to become an overall healthier and happier individual:
- Take time for yourself. You cannot pour from an empty cup
- Strive for progress, not perfection
- Work out when you are in a funk. Take note from Legally Blonde: endorphins make you happy
- Listen to your body and give it what it needs: nutrients, rest, exercise, meditation etc.
- Drink half your weight (in ounces) of water daily
- Drink a warm glass of water with lemon every morning right when you wake up
- Know that what works for everyone else may not work for you
- Have a consistent and substantial sleep schedule
- Swap coffee for tea when possible
- Make sure that veggies make up 1/2 your meals
- Switch to nontoxic, safe beauty and cleaning products
- Don’t beat yourself up over bad decisions – know that balance is necessary for a healthy mind and body
- Always wear sunscreen
While we are talking WELL Summit let’s talk about some of my favorites from this event’s line up:
- Nastia Liukin: Olympic Gold Medalist & Founder of Grander
- Liz Plosser: Editor-In-Chief of Women’s Health
- Christy Turlington Burns: Founder & CEO of Every Mother Counts
- Kelly Love: Co-Founder of Branch Basics
- Phoebe Lapine: Gluten-Free Chef and Author
- Vanessa Feils: Meditation Guru, Life & Career Coach
The WELL Summit will be held October 5th and 6th 2018 in Brooklyn NY. There is still time to get your tickets.
**Use the code WSOlivia for $75 off your ticket**
Who will be there?